Before beginning this article, it is important to note that unused RRSP contributions are in no way similar to RRSP contribution room.
The most reliable and efficient way to check unused RRSP contributions that you have is by logging in or registering an online account belonging to Canadian Revenue Agency. Checking the latest Notice of Assessment that you had received, is an alternative way you could choose. In the case that you have never made any contributions to your RRSP or make sure to always maximize deductions, your unused RRSP contributions are most probably zero.
The steps involved with checking your unused RRSP contributions are as follows:
- Visit CRA My Account Login.
- Log into your account using the preferred method you have chosen.
- You will notice a tabbed header. In that section, you should notice a tab that reads RRSP and TFSA. Click on that tab.
- You should see a sub-header that reads RRSP on the page you have been redirected to. Click on that.
- Carefully look at the different information listed on the page you have been redirected to. You should be able to see the details pertaining to your unused RRSP contributions.
Your unused RRSP contributions are one of the many aspects regarding RRSP accounts that you need to be aware of. The best way to ensure that you have complete knowledge is to hire the help of a professional. If you are looking for the best, we at Best Capital Bonds are your ideal choice. With many years of experience and expertise in handling and creating RRSP accounts for our clients, we are capable of guiding you in the most efficient manner regarding any query that you might have with relation to your RRSP. Contact us today to utilize our brilliant services.